Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
- Once the tow bar base plate tabs have been removed, the mounts are virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
|Manufacturer: Blue Ox |
Model: Tow Bar Baseplate
Part Number: BX2715
This towbar baseplate is designed to fit the following vehicles:
2010-2013 KIA Soul
Installation Time: 3 Hours
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some trimming of bumper (fascia, plastic, and/or grill).
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Requires some trimming of the air dam.
--Baseplate has non-24" spaced attachment tabs. Requires either a motorhome mounted tow bar or an adapter to utilize a car mounted tow bar. The BX88153 adapter can not be used on non 24" baseplates. See "Accessories" on back page. Tow bar adapters are not to be used with vehicles weighing over 5000 lbs.
--Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
Baseplate Installation Instructions
| || |
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plates
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
The salesperson was extremely helpful, courteous and knew the product line completely. Everything he promised about price and delivery were right on and the merchandise arrived timely. I was completely satisfied with HitchSource and your salesman. I Have since ordered twice more, was lucky enough to get the same salesperson with the same excellent results. Good job. And yes, I have told several of my fellow RVers about HitchSource and your service and pricing.
We had a friend with a shop install this baseplate for us in just one day. He said it was fairly easy but there were gaps in the instruction sheets. But all in all was fairly easy to do. We didn't install the cable safeties as the directions desribed due to the frame that the cable was supposed to wrap around was not in evidence on this car. We have towed the Soul several thousand miles without a problem. Very easy to hook up to the motorhome even my wife can do it. When not in use it is hardly noticeable on teh front of the car. The light connector reciptical was really tight against the license plate and I had to cut a small simicircle out of the bottom of the plate to make it all fit. Maybe future mounts for the recipticals could be... Read More
I installed this myself, after bad experiences getting similar installed by "PROS" in the past. I figured that I couldn't do any worse and I wouldn't pay $500 for others mistakes. It installed pretty much as the directions indicated, although it took about twice as long (6-7 hours or so). You have to cut off ALL the excess frame end as the baseplate fit is very tight. Since I did not have my grinder I had to use a plunge saw and files to get it down all the way. The only difficulty was that I did not check that the Loctite was not included. I had to drive the NO-Front-end car into town to get some. That led to a comedy of errors as one of the fender liners blew into the wheel and got chewed up. In repairing that I drilled a hole into the... Read More