Exclusive Roadmaster EvenBrake
A 'brake-thru' innovation in supplementary braking…
Now, there's a supplementary braking system as technically advanced as your coach and your car - Even Brake, by ROADMASTER.
Even Brake is even better.
Continuous self-diagnostic testing,
Automatic low battery and brake protection,
And constant braking information and system status,
Reported to you via a three-tiered motorhome monitor,
Terrain-sensing logic and smoother, more responsive braking.
What's even more remarkable is that these innovations are incorporated into the world's only portable system with proportional braking.
- Proportional braking - Proportional braking is even braking - your towed car's brakes respond to your motorhome’s brakes, at the same time and at the same intensity.
- Works in virtually any towed vehicle with power brakes
- Constant self-diagnostic testing - Even Brake monitors its own performance constantly, and any change in system status is transmitted to the motorhome monitor. Even Brake is the only supplemental braking system that checks itself, so you don't have to - a glance at the monitor assures you that Even Brake is fully operational.
- 'Power Save' low battery protection - Even Brake warns you of a low battery in the towed vehicle with LED and LCD alerts at the motorhome monitor, giving you time to recharge the battery. If the battery's voltage drops too low, Even Brake cuts power to the system, while retaining emergency braking power.
- Automatically delivers maximum braking pressure in an emergency or a break away situation - Even Brake works the most when you need it the most.
- Emergency break away system included - brings your vehicle to a controlled stop should it ever separate from your motorhome.
Note: not for use in vehicles with 'active' braking systems where power brake assist is alway engaged - use a BrakeMaster system
Roadmaster Towed Vehicle Brake Systems
- ...includes an emergency break away system, to stop your towed vehicle should it ever separate from the motorhome.
- ...work in virtually any vehicle with power brakes.
- ...can be fitted with second vehicle kits, should you change towed vehicles.
- ...will bring your towed vehicle into compliance with U.S. and Canadian requirements.
Even Brake is recommended if you change motorhomes often, or want to switch between towed vehicles. Even Brake is a sophisticated system with proportional braking (automatically increasing or decreasing braking pressure in direct proportion to the motorhome. EvenBrake is a portable systems, with no installed components in the motorhome except for a dashboard monitor. Initial installation time is approximately one hour, depending on the vehicle.
I purchased the Even Brake for our 2011 Ford Taurus Limited which has the push button start and an aftermarket remote start which had to be jumped around the brake switch due to the fact that the brake pedal has to be depressed in order to start the car. I wired the brake relay switch in the normally closed function and had to tap into the cars brake light wire on the tail light side of the remote start jumper.I used the universal wiring kit with 4 diodes to run the tail lights of the car off of the motor home trailer plug and tapped the relay switch into the parking light conductor to power the brake relay. It's all in the directions and after approximately 500mi. everything is working as expected.
July 17, 2011
Dear HitchSource Representative:
I recently purchased an Even Brake from you on line. The price was the lowest that I found. I also checked with Roadmaster to verify that your company was one of their distributors.
I received the Even Brake in two days. Wow, that is quick! Thanks for being so fast.
I started the installation by installing the brake away switch. The hardest part was deciding where to mount it on the front of my Jeep wrangler. The routing of the wires was easy. The biggest job as it turned out was turning upside down on the floor to get to the brake light switch. Finding the right wire was easy with a test meter. The rest of the installation was easy and I would guess it took me two hours for the... Read More
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING SO PROMPT IN SHIPPING THE ORDER.IT IS ALREADY INSTALLED AND HAS BEEN USED. EXCELLENT PRODUCT, CUSTOMER SERVICE, FREE SHIPPING ... YOU GUYS ARE SUPER!!!!
Great product! The price was lower than any of the other web sites. Customer service is very good!. Even Brake works as advertised, with adjustments. The wiring installation was more difficult than it appears in literature, some DIY's may find it easier to have a pro install wiring. The unit also needs small adjustments with legs and getting it in the correct position, once this is complete it works! Recommend HitchSource highly for customer service, quickly handling purchase and fast delivery.
This product fits the following vehicles:
Click image below for detailed installation instructions: