This genuine Roadmaster direct-connect baseplate is designed for solid towing performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the bracket in seconds when you\'re not towing the vehicle. Simply twist the tow bar bracket arms by 90 degrees to convert from a towed car to a road car in just seconds. This style allows you to connect your tow bar directly to the baseplate, eliminating the need for a crossbar. This is the easiest system to connect and disconnect. If you are using a motorhome-mounted tow bar (except Sterling), this is the baseplate you should choose. For a Sterling, Stowmaster, Tracker, Guardian Rock Shield, or Tow Defender part number 4700, select a Crossbar-Style baseplate instead. Roadmaster MX Series Tow Bar Brackets:
- Once the tow bar brackets arms have been removed, the mounts are virtually invisible.
- The MX Series is designed to work with motor home mounted tow bars only.
- The MX series eliminates the need for a crossbar between the brakets.
- Because it does not have a crossbar, it is not compatible with the Guardian Tow Shield, StowMaster series tow bars, or TowDefender
- Brackets are computer cut using all steel construction for extreme strength
- Easy to install - Roadmaster brackets attach to existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these brackets!
- Most Roadmaster MX brackets attach through the grille. This means no curb scraping!
MX Series Tow Bar BracketPart Number:
1430-3About Roadmaster Baseplates:
- Every Roadmaster baseplate is designed using Finite Element Analysis. This design method uses powerful computers to simulate the stresses applied to the tow bar brackets and helps optimize the design to provide the best safety margin and performance. Each baseplate is also real-world tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Roadmaster tow bar brackets are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every baseplate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar bracket for years to come.
- Roadmaster is the fastest tow bar company at releasing brackets for new vehicles. They currently offer baseplates for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar bracket, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. See the owner\'s manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Roadmaster Baseplates
for another vehicle.
This product fits the following vehicles:
2007-2012 Jeep Wrangler
--Fits vehicles equipped with Mopar/Warn bumpers. See note 55.
--Trimming of the shock absorption pad, active air shutter or louver housing, lower air dam, air deflector, reinforcement, cowling and/or rock guard is required.
--This is a direct-connect baseplate, to which any motorhome-mounted Roadmaster tow bar will attach. It neither uses nor will it accommodate Roadmaster's crossbar. As a result, anchor brackets for Sterling cables will not fit and there are no mounting points for Stowmaster tow bars, Guardians or Tow Defender part 4700. Tow Defender part 4750 will fit. In most cases, Roadmaster makes a crossbar version of this baseplate that will accommodate these products. Refer back to the fit guide to identify a crossbar version.
--This baseplate fits Wranglers equipped with Warn/Mopar bumpers part numbers 82211715, 82211715AB, 82209740AD or 82211715AC and skid plate part numbers 82210401 or 82210401AB.
Click image below for detailed installation instructions: