Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
- Designed specifically for your vehicle for maximum performance and ease of installation.
- Includes installation instructions and installation hardware.
- Install it yourself and save, or have your local auto shop, body shop, or RV shop install it for you.
- Includes removable baseplate tabs that when removed, make the mounts virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
- All Blue Ox baseplates come with a 3 year warranty!
- Made in USA!
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. Verify that your towbar is rated for more than the weight of your vehicle. Always use hardware supplied in the hardware kit or existing hardware specified in the installation instructions. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plates for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars.
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
While the item was back ordered for a few weeks, I was not in a hurry and was kept notified. The quality is excellent and the price was far better than any other source. Two thumbs up!
Order was received in a timely manner. Everything we needed was included. We installed the base plate ourselves after purchasing the necessary tools following the instructions included with the order. Our first tow of over 500 miles was successful with the jeep following safely behind. The Blue Ox is very easy to hook and unhook taking about 5 to 10 minutes to hook up and about 3 minutes to unhook. The base plate on the jeep is not noticeable and does not detract from the look of the jeep.
Thank you Blue Ox for your unique invention.
AWESOME... Without question they honored the price beat offer from ANY online price. Rapid delivery as well!
If you buy this exact model be sure to use the LARGER thread size nuts and bolts first. I failed to pay CLOSE attention to the factory instructions and had to "regroup" to finish the install.
All in all an Awesome product and even more AWESOME shopping experience.
I HIGHLY recommend this merchant for ANY RV or trailer hitch needs.
extremely fast delivery good product and good fit installation took longer than anticipated but very satisfied with product
Very easy to install.. I was able to install the Blue Ox base plate in half the time that I was quoted from a RV service department.
Very good instructions and not that hard to install. My son and I did it without any complications.
The installation of this Baseplate on my 2016 Wrangler was very simple and the instructions were easy to follow. I ran into one problem; there is no mention on how much space is allowable between the base plate and the frame. On my vehicle I had about 1/8" on each side ( a total of 1/4" ). This looked like too large of a gap so I called Blue Ox and they said that was normal and that the two plates would get pulled in against the frame when I torqued down the bolts; sure enough they did. So a note that says something like " The base plate may touch the frame rails when held in place but a gap of up to 1/8 inch per side is within the allowable tolerance."
The Tech rep at HitchSource was extremely helpful and explained everything I needed... Read More
Very easy to install by myself. Fit perfectly. I would highly recomend this product.
Ordered the kit because it was the best value. Took a little longer than the estimated 2.5 hours, probably because my grand-daughter was helping! The only drawback was the two wiring harnesses included. Had to call the help line to figure out which one I needed. The technician was very helpful and explained which one I needed and explained the best way to install it. Overall, Hitch Source provides a good quality service. They will be my "go to" place for any towing accessories I need.
Jason made this a very easy purchase. Everything I needed arrived in 3 shipments, so install took a little longer. Directions were clear and easy to follow. Jeep is now ready to tow behind the motorhome. Thanks
Click to view all reviews
This product fits the following vehicles: 2007-2018 JEEP Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited (JK) (All Models w/Standard Bumper) (No JL)
Installation Time: 2 Hours
--Baseplate tab width: 24"
--Baseplate tab height: 14 1/2"
--Recommended wiring: Bulb and Socket Kit"
or LED Wiring Kit (Clear)"
or LED Wiring Kit (Red)"
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Requires some trimming of the belly pan.
--Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
Click image below for detailed installation instructions: