Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
|Manufacturer: Blue Ox |
Model: Tow Bar Baseplate
Part Number: BX1118
This towbar baseplate is designed to fit the following vehicles:
1997-2006 JEEP Wrangler (Includes Sport)
Installation Time: 2 Hours
--Requires some drilling (not major).
Baseplate Installation Instructions
| || |
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plate
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
good fit...a little challenging to get a few bolts lined up, but then all brands would be the same..
HitchSource is always my first choice when looking for a hitch. Much to my surprise, they also carried the bike rack i wanted!!!
Great product! Fits like a glove. If you have a floor jack to hold the steering housing up, which I did, it's a one person job. I tied the passenger side of the base plate up with some twine, ran the bolts through the plate and steering housing on the drivers side and then finished up on the passengers side. It's a one hour job but 1/2 hour was fishing the nuts through the frame on the passenger side.
Excellent quality product. Baseplate bolted on and installed exactly as instructed. No surprises. This is my first experience in towing a vehicle with my motorhome and I feel secure and confident that I found the best baseplate available on the market today.
I'm very happy with my purchase.
Hitch arrived about 5 days after we ordered it in good condition. It took me about 3 hours to install it with some help from my wife.
Didn't need any help holding the steering box as per instructions, but I did need a little help holding it up to install the first couple of bolts. The rest of the installation went very smooth.
I am 67 and if I can install it, almost anyone can.
Great product and great fast service. Had it 3 business days after odering. Would suggest when installing that it definitely is a 2 person job. It is not difficult at all to install just need another set of hands to hold and to feed the nuts it to bolt the passenger side. Used it this weekend and the whole blue ox system is great. Takes less then 5 minutes to hook and go to the tow vehicle.
Thanks a bunch Hitch Source.....FAST shipping - and easy installation of the baseplate on my Wrangler...Let Hich Source be the one for you.
Was a good fit on my Wrangler. Took some time to install, had to have a little bit of adjustment to work with hitch I had.
The base plate went on in about two hours. It was not hard at all. I used a floor jack to hold the steering box in place. Bolts reached
thru the plate & box with no trouble. You really have to fish the nuts in the frame cut-outs to make the bolts hold on the passenger side. I had fun doing it. No cross member on the wrangler, so I wrapped the safety cables around the front axle.