Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
- Designed specifically for your vehicle for maximum performance and ease of installation.
- Includes installation instructions and installation hardware.
- Install it yourself and save, or have your local auto shop, body shop, or RV shop install it for you.
- Includes removable baseplate tabs that when removed, make the mounts virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
- All Blue Ox baseplates come with a 3 year warranty!
- Made in USA!
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. Verify that your towbar is rated for more than the weight of your vehicle. Always use hardware supplied in the hardware kit or existing hardware specified in the installation instructions. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plates
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
Good and stout everything fit and is what they say it is.Very pleased.
I installed the baseplate on my new Honda CR-V in 2-1/2 hours. Followed the directions and everything slipped right in, and all the bolt holes lined up. The rubber seal between the bumper and radiator trimmed easily. No trimming was needed on the front fascia. It is easy to connect and looks great.
In my opinion this is a good product. A few glitches during installation. The base plate would not slide in far enough for the attaching bolt holes to line up. Took a 3/8" drill bit to fix that. Also, for me, it was tough to knock off a couple of welded on nuts so the base plate could be put in place. Once installed, looks good.
With the detailed instructions, This was an easy job. The only draw back was the black and white pictures on the instruction sheet. Us weathered travel folk need the more detailed color pictures to aid in installation.
The quality of the product is top shelf. Every single part needed was in the box, and the written instructions were spot on!
The folks at HitchSource.com were easy to deal with. I highly recommend this product to anyone.
Fast shipping.VERY easy to install.took about 1 hour.i will use HITCH SOURCE again
Thank you for the very prompt service, could not believe my order came so fast. Instructions were very clear, all supplies were in good condition. You have gained a satisfied customer.When any more parts are needed in the future i will contact you. THANKS AGAIN James Robertson
This product fits the following vehicles: 2012-2014 HONDA CR-V
Installation Time: 2 Hours
--Baseplate tab width: 24"
--Baseplate tab height: 15 1/2"
--Recommended wiring: Bulb and Socket Kit"
or LED Wiring Kit (Clear)"
or LED Wiring Kit (Red)"
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some trimming of bumper (fascia, plastic, and/or grill).
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
Click image below for detailed installation instructions: