Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
- Designed specifically for your vehicle for maximum performance and ease of installation.
- Includes installation instructions and installation hardware.
- Install it yourself and save, or have your local auto shop, body shop, or RV shop install it for you.
- Includes removable baseplate tabs that when removed, make the mounts virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
- All Blue Ox baseplates come with a 3 year warranty!
- Made in USA!
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. Verify that your towbar is rated for more than the weight of your vehicle. Always use hardware supplied in the hardware kit or existing hardware specified in the installation instructions. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plates
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
I had a couple of questions from support staff and help was great. Hitch baseplate fit perfectly directions were good, This is second baseplate I have installed, previous baseplate was more difficult as involved cutting. The honda fit baseplate was easier as 2 holes needed enlarged and 4 holes needed drilled, using baseplate as template. The hidden hitch looks good on vehicle, thanks for well engineered product.
I purchased the BX2253 baseplate for my 2011 Honda Fit after Blue Ox verified there were no changes for the 2011 model year. Years ago I installed a base plate on my 2006 Toyota Corolla. The Fit was easier due to less and easier drilling.
I had to do additional trimming of the front grill to accomodate the attachment points for safety cables and the hollow rods for the electrical connector. The rods need to be longer and possibly relocated. The safety cable attachments come through the grill where vertical supports are located. Blue Ox should consider relocating each attachment inboard one inch. I suspect this may be a 2011 model year change.
These issues are minor and I am very pleased with this base plate and all Blue Ox products... Read More
This product fits the following vehicles: 2009-2014 HONDA Fit & Fit Sport
Installation Time: 3 Hours
--Baseplate tab width: 24"
--Baseplate tab height: 13 1/2"
--Recommended wiring: Bulb and Socket Kit"
or LED Wiring Kit (Clear)"
or LED Wiring Kit (Red)"
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some trimming of bumper (fascia, plastic, and/or grill).
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Requires some trimming of the air dam.
--Headlights must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
Click image below for detailed installation instructions: