Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
- Once the tow bar base plate tabs have been removed, the mounts are virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
|Manufacturer: Blue Ox |
Model: Tow Bar Baseplate
Part Number: BX2246
This towbar baseplate is designed to fit the following vehicles:
2007-2011 HONDA CR-V
Installation Time: 3 Hours
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some trimming of bumper (fascia, plastic, and/or grill).
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
Baseplate Installation Instructions
| || |
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plates
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
The instruction manual with the base plate is excellent. I recommend the use of a four and one half inch grinder with a metal cutoff blade[2 minimum], instead of a saw for cutting the frame. You will need good long drill bits to drill the holes in the frame.
My Honda CR-V is now very easy to hook up and tows nicely. I get about 2 MPG more than with a dolly. I used my local auto body/paint shop to install the base plate. Install time was 4.5 hours including the light kit. That's very close to the estimated time at nearby RV shops but less costly.
Well made equipment, self installed took about 3 hours start to finish directions were pretty good all in all some of the pics could have been a bit more clear but overall very good.
Just finished installing the baseplate and thanks to excellent instructions, it only took about 5 hours total. It would have been less, but I mounted it about 1/4 too high so the bottom bolt holes were too close to the bottom of the framerail to get the nut on, but a little widening with the drill fixed it. Also, instead trying to cut out the framerail as described, it would have saved time removing the bumper because you can cut both the bumper and the rail flush much easier that way. it is what i had to do anyway after trying to cut it the way the instructions described.
Also note that the wiring kit does not include the round connector end, so it is not a great value... and the wire is just barely long enough. probably a lot cheaper... Read More
I was very pleased with the excellent service and expertise of the sales person. I felt comfortable placing an order. I received my over promptly. I would highly recommend this company.
The base plate requires more work to install then the base plate that I put into my last 2005 Honda CR-V. What I found was to remove the the bumper support from the vehicle then motify the frame area, fit the tow bar then motify the bumper support and install this piece. It should also be noted in the instruction sheet that the tow bar should be installed with the base plate even with the bottom of the frame area for bolting purpose,otherwise there could be a problem with the bottom bolt holes in getting the bolts in.I would say that other than that it was a simple install. Some other tools were required other than those listed. I used an air powered cutting blade to cut the metal. Unable to get a sawzall into the area. About 10 hours with... Read More
Will enter a comment later. The car was rear ended and looks like it will be totaled. The purchase went well and the shipping was fast. Never got the base plate on the vechicle. Will post the out come later.
This product fits the following vehicles:
Click image below for detailed installation instructions: