Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
- Once the tow bar base plate tabs have been removed, the mounts are virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
|Manufacturer: Blue Ox |
Model: Tow Bar Baseplate
Part Number: BX2187
This towbar baseplate is designed to fit the following vehicles:
2007-2011 FORD Ranger Pickup (2WD)
Installation Time: 1 Hours
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Tow hooks must be removed and remain off the vehicle after installation.
--Baseplate has non-24" spaced attachment tabs. Requires either a motorhome mounted tow bar or an adapter to utilize a car mounted tow bar. The BX88153 adapter can not be used on non 24" baseplates. See "Accessories" on back page. Tow bar adapters are not to be used with vehicles weighing over 5000 lbs.
Baseplate Installation Instructions
| || |
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plates
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
Like most items ordered today you have that feeling that when it arrives you will need to modify it or make some sort of adjustment to make it fit. NOT so with this baseplate from Blue OX. It fit like a glove and the instructions was right on target. Hitchsource is the place if your looking for fast service and help on getting your towing item to you.
This product fits the following vehicles:
Click image below for detailed installation instructions: