Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
- Once the tow bar base plate tabs have been removed, the mounts are virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
|Manufacturer: Blue Ox |
Model: Tow Bar Baseplate
Part Number: BX1692
This towbar baseplate is designed to fit the following vehicles:
2006-2011 CHEVROLET HHR
Installation Time: 3 Hours
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some trimming of bumper (fascia, plastic, and/or grill).
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
Baseplate Installation Instructions
| || |
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plates
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
I HAD A LOCAL MECHANIC INSTALL IT AND HE SAID IT INSTALLED VERY GOOD HAD TO DRILL A FEW HOLES BUT FIT GREAT . I TRYED IT OUT THIS WEEK AND ALLS WELL . THIS IS MY THIRD BLUE OX HITCH AND I LOVE THE EASE OF HOOKING UP ED.
The bumper removal can be tricky(finding the snaps)and the handle nuts are a learning curve but the base plate fit like a glove and is neat and tidy. Doable by any DIY with some tool experience.
Quality made. Decent instructions but not highly detailed for the amature (one time) installer. YouTube video was immensely helpful. I am an amature with above average mechanical ability and had the needed tools in my garage. I did buy a plastic rivet lifting tool for the body panel removal to avoid rivet breakage. The body front facia snaps in place at some points(seams)and was very difficult to remove. Use your fingers not tools. Go slow here and make sure the plastic is not cold or you may break off some of the tabs. Soaking in direct sunlight would be great but avoid too much localized heat like light bulbs or hair dryers whch will damage plastic or paint. I enjoyed the challenge and DYI satisfaction.
Very happy with the service. Needed some information before ordering. This was given with no rush or pushing. Prices were good and shipping was the same day.
Service great and total job took about 8 hours. Follow the instructions as explained to make the job easy.
Order came as promised. Temp's here have been below 0 so have not installed the base plate yet. Thanks...
Don't forget to hook up the marker lights before final assembly.