Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
- Once the tow bar base plate tabs have been removed, the mounts are virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
|Manufacturer: Blue Ox |
Model: Tow Bar Baseplate
Part Number: BX2238
This towbar baseplate is designed to fit the following vehicles:
2005-2006 HONDA CR-V
Installation Time: 3 Hours
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some trimming of bumper (fascia, plastic, and/or grill).
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
Baseplate Installation Instructions
| || |
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plates
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
This base plate fits PERFECT!, I was surprised at the fit of this unit, the CR-V has only a 2" opening in the grill and this mounted dead center. The hard part was drilling out the rivets and removing the existing bumper, then drilling an additional 5 holes on each side for the base plate. Lucky the instructions are very clear and easy to follow. The trick is to go and buy brand new Dewalt Pilot tip drill bits, makes cutting the holes MUCH easier.The fit was so tight I had to use a small sledge hammer to widen the mounting ears just a little (1/16") to get the base plate on the frame, you will need a second person for this step. Be sure to use RED locktite on the bolt threads and torque to spec's. This is not a difficult install for a... Read More
Fast shipping, install was very easy with detailed instructions supplied. Importatnt to have new drill bits install took aprox 2 hrs.
It arrived quickly and is what I ordered, no complaints!