Blue Ox reliability and performance with the ability to remove the visible portion of the Base Plate when you're not towing the vehicle. So hidden you have to know what you are looking for to see it. Towed car to road car in seconds.
Blue Ox tow bar base plates:
- Once the tow bar base plate tabs have been removed, the mounts are virtually invisible.
- Designed to work with virtually any tow bar.
- Base plates uniquely manufactured for unparalleled strength
- Blue Ox base plates are designed to use existing attachment points on the vehicle undercarriage.
- No welding required to install these base plates!
- In most cases Blue Ox base plates attach through the grille. This means no dragging or scraping on the ground!
About Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates:
|Manufacturer: Blue Ox |
Model: Tow Bar Baseplate
Part Number: BX1119
This towbar baseplate is designed to fit the following vehicles:
2002-2004 JEEP Liberty
Installation Time: 2 Hours
--Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
--Requires some drilling (not major).
--Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
Baseplate Installation Instructions
| || |
- Every Blue OX base plate is designed with your safety in mind. Each towbar base plate is then "real-world" tested to validate their safety and durability.
- Blue Ox tow bar base plates are custom made for specific vehicles to ensure easy installation and the best possible fit.
- Every towbar base plate is powder coated by baking particles of pigment onto the metal surface. This creates a glossy, uniform, and durable finish that will protect your tow bar base plate for years to come.
- Blue Ox is always working to provide the best quality products with easy to use design They currently offer towbar brackets for over 2000 vehicle models.
Note: Before installing a tow bar base plate, make sure your vehicle is capable of being towed. See the owners manual or contact your dealership.
Search for Blue Ox tow bar base plate
for another vehicle or browse our Blue Ox Tow Bars
Manufacturer: Blue Ox
Overall, the BX1119 Baseplate installed easily according to the provided instructions. I did have to drill out both side of the jeep frame in order to get the bolts installed. This condition was indicated in the information provided, but it would have been better if the fit up was better.
The instructions are a little vague in regards to removing the 3 clips on each side between the front facia and fenders. I ended up breaking 2 of them and had to purchase replacements in order to complete the project.
There is a lot of information in the package regarding the safety cables their installation. The instructions show 4 quicklinks are needed to install the two safety cables but only 2 are supplied in the kit. I had to purchase 2 more... Read More